Top Entrepreneurial Topics and Value of SBA
Are entrepreneurs made or born? That is just one of the topics addressed in The Wall Street Journal’s report about Entrepreneurs and the Small Business Administration. The Small Business Administration is one of the first sources my entrepreneurial students consider when asked where they would obtain funds for their venture. Check out some very interesting debates about six small-business issues:
- Should the Small Business Administration be Abolished?
- Should Equity-Based Crowd Funding be Legal?
- Can Entrepreneurship be Taught?
- Should Angel Investors Get Tax Credits to Invest in Small Businesses?
- Do Small Businesses Deserve their Reputation as Job Creators?
- Should Small Businesses Get New Top-Level Domains?
The article about whether entrepreneurs are made or born is something that is discussed in several of my courses. The above graphic demonstrates some of the characteristics of successful entrepreneurs. This discussion creates an interesting debate considering some very talented entrepreneurs dropped out of school. However, as noted in this article, there is a lot to be gained from education as well as from real life experience.
For more comprehensive information about how to be a successful entrepreneur, check out: Top 30 Links for the Successful Entrepreneur.