5 Top Social Networking Tips: How to Promote Yourself to the World
Are you trying to become well-known, sell your book, become famous like those on American Idol or America’s Got Talent, or promote any other thing that you are working on right now? The key to success is social networking. With the sluggish economy, a lot of people are out of work and are looking for a job. Many are starting their own home-based or internet-based businesses. If you are trying to get recognized or noticed, there are some major things you need to be aware of.
- Did you know that Lady Gaga has over 11 million Facebook fans? Facebook, MySpace, Linkedin, Twitter, WordPress, Posterous, YouTube and many more networking sites are one of the first things you must be familiar with if you want to get people to recognize your product, service or you. If you’re not regularly posting on most of these major sites, you need to be.
- Did you know that Youtube and video-marketing is the place to be right now? People are watching 2 billion videos a day on YouTube. You need to be sure you are not only making yourself visible on YouTube, but that you are focusing your videos and the names of your videos correctly. Be sure your videos are no more than around 3 minutes long. Also be sure you name your video a name that people will be searching for in order to find you. You want the name to reflect what your content is, but be sure you pick popular terms for the product you are promoting. To check out terms that are popular on YouTube, go to: https://ads.youtube.com/keyword_tool. In your video, be sure you send them to your website for more information. You can capture their email or other information with free offers there.
- Did you know that if you get an account on some social networking sites like Posterous, updating your Facebook, Twitter, WordPress and other sites with your postings is as easy as sending an email? Having a website has never been easier. I like free sites like WordPress, but I also use Posterous to post updates to all of my sites.
- Are you overwhelmed with all of the social networking options out there and don’t know where to start? It can be very time consuming and expensive to learn everything you need to know to become a successful social networker. There are people out there that can train you or do it for you. I have tried a few different systems. I like Kate Buck’s letsgetsocial.com site because you get good information at a reasonable price. I am interested in hearing if anyone has tried Mike Koenigs’ Traffic Geyser system. It sounds good but a little pricy for the masses.
- Have you created your brand or image? You need to decide what it is that you are offering. My brand or image is that I am a Professor and Writer that offers help to people who want to Improve Their Lifetime Potential. That is my tagline as well as what I do. You need to come up with how you want to present yourself and be sure to consistently represent that image on all of your networking sites.