How to Look Amazing on Linkedin
I recently put together a talk I am going to be giving to a group of career-seekers based on my book How to Reinvent Your Career: Make Money Doing What You Love. I found an article today that covers some of the suggestions I will be discussing in my presentation. I recommend reading Greg Fry’s entire article, but here are the highlights of the article at Bloggertone.com. He gives more detail about the following 15 things to make you look more Amazing on LinkedIn in the actual article. Check out these highlights then click the link below to see the entire article.
- Make sure your profile is 100% complete.
- Make sure you have a unique LinkedIn URL and add it to your business cards and email signature.
- Why not rename “My Company” to the name of your company
- Rearrange your Linkedin profile to stand out.
- Update your status once or twice per day.
- Always personalize your LinkedIn invitations.
- Convert as many business contacts on your offline database online to LinkedIn
- Build up a number of quality recommendations.
- Join and participate in relevant Groups.
- Demonstrate your capability by answering questions.
- Add slides or even video to your LinkedIn profile using Slide Share or Google Docs.
- Use the Events section to find relevant offline events.
- Demonstrate knowledge by recommending books.
- Drive traffic to your website by adding a Blog feed to your profile.
- Nothing in business will every beat face to face interaction. Make a conscious effort to meet influential connections off line.