What is Linkedin’s New Signal Program?
IPCommunications reported “LinkedIn recently debuted a new feature that may radically change the way that subscribers use its service. The company launched the beta version of LinkedIn Signal, a product that allows users to search for and filter through the comments and updates of their contacts. The new service makes LinkedIn more of an interactive social networking tool than a simple web resource for business contacts. LinkedIn Signal even sorts through Twitter updates and posts them to a user’s homepage.”
According to blog.linkedin.com there are several features in this new release that will allow you to:
1. Filter: Browse only relevant status updates from your stream
2. Search for keywords, topics or people across the stream
3. Get an auto updated real-time stream with rich content
4. Find the hottest trending links across any relevant topic
5. See who’s shared this link? And one more thing: saved real time searches
I recommend reading the full article about these new features by clicking here.