Free Social Media Tools for Teachers
In my books, I often write about using social media tools. I think they can be invaluable in the classroom. I recently found a great article about media tools for teachers on Mashable.com. I am a big Mashable fan. They have wonderful articles about technology and every one of them is more interesting than the next. If you haven’t checked out their site, you really need to do so.
In Sarah Kessler’s article 7 Fantastic Free Social Media Tools for Teachers, she point out some great tools that can be used in the classroom including:
- Edu 2.0 – site that allows teachers to share content
- SymbalooEDU – site allows teachers to organize classroom resources, school logos may be added
- Collaborize Classroom – site allows for online discussions to remove intimidation factor
- Edublogs – site is great for group projects, newsletters and more
- Kidblog – good site for K-8 classroom
- Edmondo – site is similar to Facebook but more controlled environment
- TeacherTube, SchoolTube, Youtube – TeacherTube and SchoolTube are alternatives to Youtube for teachers
To watch videos about each of these tools, click here to read the Mashable article.
Mashable already had a really interesting article about the need for social media in the classroom. Click here to read that article.