Top Sites to Find Statistics and Charts for Writing Articles
Have you ever wondered where journalists find all of those great charts and graphs to show their statistics? Here is a list of some of the most helpful free sites to find important data and charts to use when doing research for articles:
- Alexa.com – “Free traffic metrics, search analytics, demographics, and more for websites.
- Census Figures: U S Census Bureau – Topics Include: People and Households, Business and Industry, Geography, Fraudulent Activities and Scams, Newsroom and Related Sites that include information about Jobs, Research Programs and Other Agencies.
- Gapminder.org – “Gapminder is a non-profit venture – a modern “museum” on the Internet – promoting sustainable global development and achievement of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals.
- Health-Related News: Kaiser Family Foundation – Topics Include: Medicare, Insurance, HIV/AIDS, Global Health Policy, Minority Health, Women’s Health and Media Health.
- How to Find Statistics on the Internet: From Website Editor RobertNile.com – Topics Include: Government, Agriculture, Crime, Economics, Education, Energy, Finding People, Health, Investing, Language, Law and Politics, Mail, Military, and Safety.
- Indeed.com – Includes a lot of job related information including: Industry and Employment Trends.
- Labor Statistics: U S Department of Labor – Topics Include: Inflation, Pay and Benefits, Consumer Spending, Unemployment, Employment, Workplace Injuries, and Productivity.
- Morningstar.com – “Morningstar provides stock market analysis; equity, mutual fund, and ETF research, ratings, and picks; portfolio tools; and option, hedge fund, IRA, 401k, and 529 plan research.
- Nationmaster.com – “a massive central data source and a handy way to graphically compare nations.”
- Pew Research Center – Numbers, Facts and Trends: – Topics Include: Population Trends, Domestic Policy, Economics, Elections, Energy and Environment, Foreign Affairs, Immigration, Internet and Technology, Legal, News Media, Politics and Elections, Polling, Public Opinion, Religion, Research Methodology, and Social Trends.
- Quantcast.com – “Free direct audience measurement for all website owners including traffic, demographics, business, lifestyle, interests and more.
- Real Time World Statistics: Worldometers – Topics Include: Current World Population, Current Government and Economics Statistics, Current Society and Media Statistics, Current Environment Statistics, Current Food Water and Energy Statistics, and Current Health Statistics.