Facebook IPO Stock Market Performance
Facebook’s recent IPO demonstrated how difficult it may be to determine when to purchase a newly released company’s stock. Companies like e-Bay, Yahoo!, and Linkedin had impressive launches. Facebook has not shown the same first-day stock market gain.
The first-day results may not give a good indication of the strength of the stock. The company may see an increase in stock price due to Facebook’s advertising and marketing appeal. The company recently acquired Tagtile. Due to this acquisition, Facebook’s success may be improved through e-commerce.
Even if Facebook opened without a pop, Mark Zuckerberg became very wealthy with the initial offering. Although it may surprise some that Zuckerberg does not own the most shares of Facebook, Zuckerberg is now one of a select group of famous entrepreneurs who made it big before turning 35.
While some may be eager to cash in on the success of Facebook, check out: Some things to take into consideration before buying shares of an IPO.
- Top Facebook Articles including IPO Information
- The Top 10 Most Misunderstood Entrepreneurial Terms
- Top 10 Company Mission Statements in 2011
- Researching Apple: The 10 Most Useful Links
- Famous Entrepreneurs Who Hit it Big With Humble Beginnings
- What to Know Before Investing in IPOs like LinkedIn or Pandora
- Top Five Things to Know to be a Successful Entrepreneur
- 50 Famous People Who Failed Before They Became Successful
- Top 50 Venture Funded Companies for 2011
- Top 5 Networking Tips for Small Businesses
- Time for a New Career? Change the Daily Grind to a Job of Your Dreams
- 50 Excellent Lectures for the Small Business Owner
- An Entrepreneur’s Startup Business Model Checklist