The following list was created to put all of the most useful information about Apple in one easy to find location:
- When Was Apple Incorporated? “Apple was incorporated in the state of California on January 3, 1977.”
- When Apple Went IPO: Apple’s initial public offering was on December 12, 1980 at $22 per share. “The stock has split three times since the IPO so on a split-adjusted basis the IPO share price was $2.75.”
- Apple’s Mission Statement: Apple is committed to bringing the best personal computing experience to students, educators, creative professionals and consumers around the world through its innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings. The Apple website officially lists their mission statement as: “Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork, and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced its magical iPad which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices.”
- How to Find Up to the Minute Price on Apple Stock: Apple’s ticker symbol is AAPL – click here for 20 minute delayed price.
- The First Apple Logo Featured Isaac Newton: Newton was sitting under a tree with an apple about to fall on his head.
- The Name iPod Came From 2001: A Space Odyssey: “As soon as I saw the white iPod, I thought 2001,” Chieco told Wired in 2006. “Open the pod bay door, Hal! Then it was just a matter of adding the ‘i’ prefix, as in ‘iMac.'”
- Apple Lists Detailed Information About their Environmental Footprint: The Apple site lists their total footprint including information from manufacturing, transportation, product use, recycling and facilities.
- Apple’s Annual Report: “Apple does not produce a glossy annual report. Apple’s Form 10-K is available on our website. If you require a hard copy, go to the Request Information form and select the Form 10-K.”
- Apple’s Dividend History: Find Apple dividend and stock split information. Apple has had three 2- for-1 stock splits in 1987, 2000 and 2005.
- Apple Press Releases: This link includes all press releases, including Steve Jobs’ Retirement Letter to the Apple Board of Directors.